Job Opportunity at Flame!
Job Title:Group Operations Director
Reports to:Managing Director and the Board
Responsible for:Branch Directors
Overall Purpose of Job:
The Group Operations Director will lead and direct all operations staff to deliver continuous improvement of customer service, safety, service delivery and resource utilization to achieve quality and performance targets. Develop and implement policies to ensure a safe working environment and adherence to safety standards. Develop and expand relationships with external organizations to ensure the protection and success of the business.
The Group Operations Director must have a flexible and ‘hands-on’ approach, whilst also being able to contribute to the broader aspects of business planning and the identification of opportunities for the future development of the business. The Group Operations Director is accountable for:
1. Directing and controlling all production operations of the Company in order to maintain and develop its operational efficiency.
2. Ensure that business objectives are met efficiently and effectively
3. Identify and maximising growth opportunities for the business
4. That the company is legally compliant with regards to H&S and HR.
Key Areas of accountability:
- Direct and control the production function to ensure that finished goods are of the required standard, available to customers within agreed costs and delivered to deadlines.
- Ensuring that all response times are met
- Ensuring that ISO quality standards are achieved.
- Managing customer complaints and acting on customer feedback, ensuring that customer satisfaction remains high.
- Providing advice on all issues relating to the operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure the company maintains its competitive position.
- Support the branches and branch directors
Participating in the Development, implementation and management of the budget for the branches and departments to ensure that the department has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters.
- To ensure the business operates within the allocated budget
- Identify areas for cost savings (continuous improvement) can be made without damaging the quality of the operation.
- To highlight areas of concern to the Management Team in a timely manner so that overspends can be avoided.
Human Resources (HR)
- To ensure that the company’s Performance Management System is followed by all managers and supervisors and that yearly appraisals are completed for all staff.
- That the company remains legally compliant with regards to employment law legislation by ensuring that all contracts are issued, and that all employee issues are managed within legislation and company guidelines, seeking advice and support from the company’s external HR provider as and when required
- Ensuring appropriate level of resource and manpower by implementing and communicating a yearly People Strategy for the business, to include succession, training and development and identifying areas of risk and opportunity.
- Production of management information reports (sick absence, lateness, employee issues)
- Ensuring the Companies Training Plan is delivered.
- To ensure that all Managers and Supervisors have the appropriate skills with regards to their management responsibilities (procedural and legal)
- To ensure all recruitment is in line with the company’s people strategy and budget requirements and that the correct procedures are followed.
- That all new employees receive induction training.
- Liaison with external HR consultant
Health & Safety (HS)
- To be responsible for the health safety and wellbeing of our staff.
- Accountability for implementing Health and Safety procedures and ensuring that these are effectively applied in practice.
- Maintaining all health and safety documentation and that all employees are trained in H&S and that company follows all H&S procedures.
- To address any H&S issues appropriately, following company and HSE requirements, for example accident / near miss reporting.
- Liaison with external H&S consultant.
- To provide highly visible professional management and leadership across all areas of the business on a day-to-day basis, maintaining the highest standards of customer service.
- Demonstrating positive role model behaviors in terms of personal and company values and standards,
- Communicating and implementing all new strategic initiatives for the benefit of the company, the staff and the customers.
- Effectively communicating to staff members to ensure they understand exactly what is expected of them, involving, inspiring and motivating them in the process
- Identifying future opportunities that will provide the business with a strategic advantage, investigating their viability and reporting on the findings.
- Contributing to Board Meetings where necessary and offering strategic input with regard to the future development of the business and the involvement of the staff.
- Maintain an effective and productive working relationship with other directors and staff to ensure there is effective coordination of all company activities in support of the company’s objectives.
- To act as an ambassador for the Company promoting a positive professional image with all clients, staff and business partners.
- With the MD identify your own training and development needs, aiming for continuous professional and personal development.
- Contributing to sales and marketing planning.
- To manage direct line reports in line with Company procedures and standards.
- To ensure the yearly performance appraisal is completed within deadline.
- Development needs are identified for the staff you manage.
- You keep the HR Toolkit up to date with regards to the staff you manage.
This job description is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your CV